With thanksgiving coming up I wanted to write a little about going through infertility and having a thankful heart.
When going through a trial, like infertility, it’s hard to have a thankful heart. It can be so challenging to find something to be thankful for when all you want is to become a mom or a dad.
We don’t need to always stay positive, because we all have our ups and downs. Doesn’t it feel like life seem to ebb and flow, just like the ocean?
What I’m trying to say is to remember to be thankful for where you are NOW, instead of focusing on the things you don’t have.
You are stronger than you were yesterday, and you have endured so much to get where you are. You are not alone, keep going.
If you are struggling to know what to be thankful for this season, then here are 10 things that I’ve written down that I am thankful for. Hopefully these can spark some things you’re grateful for this season of life that you’re in. I hope these can help you this holiday season.
10 things I’m thankful for this holiday season:
- Thankful for learning patience
- For growing closer as a couple
- Filling our hearts with the goodness from God
- Being able to lower our expectations on how growing a family ought to be
- Praising God for all that we have
- Not wanting to feel the need to complain on social media
- Thankful for supportive friends and family
- Our furbabies, Hurley and Pepper
- So thankful for staying positive when life feels grim
- Thankful for infertility, for without it we wouldn’t have known how strong we could be
What things are you thankful for?
P.S. Need help paying for IVF? Sign up for my newsletter and get a free printable (guide) on 10 ways to pay for IVF (fertility treatments).
P.P.S. Don’t forget to check out my Infertility Shirts on Etsy!