Does it ever feel that when you are hopeful for something to happen the weeks seem to go by super slow? Like when you were a little kid anticipating Christmas and staying up all night and not being able to fall asleep?
Regardless of all that anticipation, what do you do when you are trying to be hopeful, but need to stay busy to keep your mind off of the “what if’s”?
11 things to get you through the Two Week Wait:
- Reading or listening to podcasts. I love a good podcast or a good book.
- Exercising. Barre, Piyo, Biking, Swimming/Swim Jogging, Walking the dog and Spin class.
- Planning a vacation. We are gearing up for our Dopey Challenge in Orlando in January.
- Spending time browsing Instagram, by finding new workouts to try or quotes that I love.
- Spending time cooking in the kitchen. I found a homemade Kettle Corn on Pinterest that turned out to be yummy, and way easy!
- Binge Watching Netflix. Find a good series to binge watch is always a good way to pass the time.
- Gardening. This could be learning how to garden, or starting a garden for the year.
- Learn a new hobby. Crocheting, knitting, calligraphy, are all new things to try.
- Have a night out (or in) with friends. Watch a movie, catch up over drinks.
- Writing in a journal. It’s so therapeutic to write my feelings down.
- Trying to stay positive! It’s definitely hard to try and stay positive after so many failed cycles.
Here are some other great articles to help you during the two week wait:
What are some things that you do to stay busy during a time where you need to be more patient?
P.S. Check out my post on low impact exercises during fertility treatments, IUI and IVF.
P.P.S. Check out my Etsy Shop!